Etsy Beginner Tutorial — Print on Demand — Part 2 — RESEARCH!
Don’t just randomly start creating & uploading stuff… or you might LOSE MONEY!
Before going on, please read Part 1 of this series first: Getting Started with Etsy, Print on Demand: Part 1 — Production Partners
This article is part of a series:
- Etsy Beginner Tutorial — Print on Demand — Part 1- Production Partners | Medium
- Etsy Beginner Tutorial — Print on Demand — Part 2 — RESEARCH! | by Michiel Schuer | Jan, 2023 | Medium
- Etsy Beginner Tutorial — Print on Demand — Part 3: Creating Winning Designs | by Michiel Schuer | Jan, 2023 | Medium
- Etsy Beginner Tutorial — Print on Demand — Part 4: Creating Awesome Mockups | by Michiel Schuer | Feb, 2023 | Medium
….Alright, I suppose you’ve read it by now. After deciding on a production partner, and opening an Etsy shop via this link (to get 40 free listings), the next question we need to ask ourselves is:
“What the hell am I actually going to sell on Etsy?”
Well, I know it’s going to be Print on Demand, meaning posters, canvases, t-shirts and sweatshirts. BUT… will the designs that I currently already have, sell well on Etsy?
I mean… if it’s gonna cost me $0.20 PER DESIGN to publish… and again $0,20 every 4 months... Should I really publish my designs?
For this reason, it’s extremely important to do RESEARCH first!
- What shall we sell?
- In which niche?
- Which designs should I make?
How do I pick my niche?
My recommendation: You don’t.
We will sell different versions of products that are already selling. Know WHAT customers search, and SELL THEM what they’re actually looking for.
Just because YOU, as a creator, loves a product, that doesn’t mean other people will like or buy it — and we’re in this game to make money, no?